Sunday, October 18, 2015

Hallway Horrors

The gold tinted door creaked open with the sound of a thousand tiny screams. My footsteps echoed through the empty hallway. The floor light shine up into my eyes, blinding me momentarily. The lights only partially illuminate the scarlet red hallway, making walking a difficult task. I shuffle my feet along making as much noise as humanly possible. Fear crept up behind me, breathing on my neck as I shuffled down the hallway. At the end of the lengthy hallway, a figure appeared. Slowly the dark figure approaches me. Fear buckles my knees and I fall to the floor into the fetal position. A small bony hand rested itself on my shoulder and began stroking me. The rhythmic patting was soothing considering the fear that was me in a tight grasp. My heart rate slows and I am once again able to breath without falling into a wall of panic. As I attempt to rise to my feet shock hits me as I see that I am the only person that resides in the gloomy hallway. I take small cautious steps towards the end of the hallway. As I reach a corner, I back up against the wall and peek around in an effort to assure that the bony handed creature has not yet raced ahead to scare me. In the dim light the walls appear to breath in every time I take a nervous step.

No comments:

Post a Comment